Expert: The regulations are lax and allow prolonged power outages in certain communities

Expert: The regulations are lax and allow prolonged power outages in certain communities
Expert: The regulations are lax and allow prolonged power outages in certain communities

Humberto Verdejo, academic from the Department of Engineering of the University of Santiago (Usach), stated in Cooperative that The current electrical regulations “are lax” and allows power outages are prolonged in certain communes where the “network density” is low.

In conversation with What’s left of the daythe professor maintained that “we lack a lot from the normative point of view, (since) currently “The country’s communes are classified based on the number of inhabitants or the network density that each one has.”

In that sense, the academic explained that “there are communes like Santiago, which have a high (network) density, hence the availability or supply cut-off time is shorter compared to other communes that are classified as lowlike in Lamp(where) 15% of the users of the commune may be permanently without supply, and the regulations are such that the company, despite this bad indicator, would comply with the standard established by the regulations“.

“The regulations are lax in that sensebecause particularly in Lampa, which is categorized as having a low network density, “85% of users will be with a service that must comply with what the standard establishes, and the other 15% will not,” he asserted.

“So, if you do a black and white, the norm establishes that that 15% could perfectly well be without supply, and even though that indicator was so bad, The regulations authorize or empower the network to operate in that way“emphasized Verdejo, who resides precisely in the commune of Lampa.

“ANYTHING THAT HAS A LOT OF ELECTRONICS, DISCONNECT THEM”

The expert also provided recommendations to protect appliances during a weather event that involves a possible power outage, and maintained that “Anything that has a lot of electronics, the suggestion is to disconnect it.”

“All appliances that have an electronic card (television, computer, consoles or industrial printers) are very sensitive to the appearance of voltage and, at the time when the supply is cut off, The most reasonable thing is to disconnect them, because the power will come back,” the specialist suggested.

He also specified that, in some situations, “when the supply returns there is a voltage rise, which is an overvoltage, and that can easily burn the appliances.”

“The recommendation is that all those appliances (mentioned) should ideally be disconnected until the electricity supply returns, because nothing should happen to the kettle, the electric stove and the refrigeratorunless it is a very particular situation,” concluded the professor.

 
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
 

-

PREV Audi launched its new electric SUV in Argentina: how it changed and how much it costs
NEXT The airlines rebel against the 150 million fine and warn that “there will be no changes” to the charge for cabin luggage