The National Meteorological Service (SMN) maintains a yellow alert for strong storms for the province of Córdoba and seven other provinces of the country.
As reported, the measure applies this Tuesday until 11:59 p.m. for Córdoba, Santa Fe, Entre Ríos, San Luis, Santiago del Estero, La Rioja, Catamarca and Tucumán.
“Possible meteorological phenomena with the potential for damage and risk of momentary interruption of daily activities,” specified the meteorological agency.
Short-term notice for the north of Córdoba
Meanwhile, it also issued a short-term warning for the Tulumba and Totoral departments, in the north of the province of Córdoba, where hail could fall.
Storm protection measures
The SMN issued some recommendations:
- Stay in closed buildings such as houses, schools or public buildings.
- Stay away from electrical appliances and avoid using corded phones.
- Avoid driving on flooded or affected streets.
- If there is a risk of water entering your home, turn off the power.
- Avoid outdoor activities.
- To minimize the risk of being struck by lightning, do not stay on beaches, rivers, lagoons or pools.
Extended forecast for Córdoba
- Wednesday. Maximum of 27°C and minimum of 17°C. Mostly cloudy throughout the day.
- Thursday. Maximum of 30°C and minimum of 17°C. Partly cloudy during the day.
- Friday. Maximum of 25°C and minimum of 17°C. Partly cloudy during the day.
- Saturday. Maximum of 26°C and minimum of 14°C. Partly cloudy during the day.
- Sunday. Maximum of 31°C and minimum of 15°C. Partly cloudy during the day.