The 100 best chefs in the world gathered in Yucatan to be awarded in ‘The Best Chef Awards 2023‘, event held in Merida.
From the International Congress Centerthe Secretary of Tourism Development, Michelle Fridman Hirshwelcomed, greeting in Spanish and then asked if the attendees had already tried a taco de piglet.
In that sense, he highlighted that Yucatán offers flavors and colors, as well as a wide variety of places to enjoy these gastronomic experiences.
In the first category of the awards, “Best Local Chef”, two Yucatecans were awarded: Roberto Solís and Wilson Alonso.
“It is a way to put Yucatán on the world map,” said Solís when thanking him for the distinction. “This is an example of the power of our (Mayan) community,” Alonso celebrated.
The biggest winner of the night was the Spanish Dabiz Muñoz, who, in this way, repeated the title obtained in 2022. “Three years in a row, I don’t know what to say,” he was sincere and thanked for being in Mexico and Yucatán. Likewise, he gave thanks for the possibility that chefs can be recognized through the Best Chef award and closed by dedicating the award to his wife and daughter.
Who were the award-winning chefs?
- Dabiz Muñoz, DiverXO from Spain
- Albert Adrià, Enigma of Spain
- Ana Roš, Hiša Franko from Slovenia
- René Redzepi, Noma of Denmark
- Andoni Luis Aduriz, Mugaritz of Spain
- Rasmus Munk, Alchemist of Denmark
- Mateu Casañas, Oriol Castro & Eduard Xatruch | Enjoy Spain
- Joan Roca, El Celler de Can Roca in Spain
- Junghyun Park, Atomix from South Korea
- Rodolfo Guzmán, Boragó of Chile
Follow us on Google News and receive the best information