They saved a baby that they took from her dead mother’s womb

According to the version provided by Palestinian health officials, a baby was removed from the womb of a dead Palestinian woman along with her husband and daughter as a result of an Israeli attack in the Gazan city of Rafah. There, overnight, nineteen people died due to intensified Israeli military operations. Among the dead, who died in attacks on two houses, were thirteen children from the same family, said the aforementioned source, linked to the leadership of the Hamas group.

The baby, who weighed 1.4 kilograms and was born by emergency cesarean section, was stable and gradually improving, according to Dr. Mohammed Salama, the doctor who treated her. Her mother, Sabreen Al-Sakani, was thirty weeks pregnant. The baby was placed in an incubator at a Rafah hospital next to another baby, with the words “The baby of the martyr Sabreen Al-Sakani” written with tape on her chest.

See alsoZelensky welcomed US aid for Ukraine

Sakani’s young daughter, Malak, who died in the attack, had wanted to name her new sister Rouh, which means “Spirit” in Arabic, as noted by her uncle, Rami Al-Sheikh. “Little Malak was happy that her sister came into the world”, he claimed. The baby will remain in the hospital for three to four weeks, according to Salama, the doctor. “Later we will see if she leaves, and where this girl will go, to the family, to the aunt, uncle or grandparents. This is the greatest tragedy. Even if this girl survives, she was born an orphan,” she said.

The same fact, two versions

As for the thirteen children who died in an attack on the second house, they all belonged to the Abdel Aal family, according to Palestinian health officials. Two women also died in that attack. Asked about the casualties in Rafah, an Israeli military spokesman, a member of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), said that on strong indications, “several militant targets had been attacked in Gaza, including military compounds, launch sites and people. armed”.

“Did you see a man among all the dead?” said Saqr Abdel Aal, a Palestinian whose family had died, as he mourned over the body of a child wrapped in a white shroud. “They are all women and children,” he said. “My entire identity has been erased, with my wife, my children and everyone,” family member Abdel Aal said. In parallel, the same IDF source warned that it is “impossible” to find adult men “after each operation,” because they manage to evade capture through the complex underground network of tunnels and hiding places that serve as both protection for them. as an escape route.

Aside from the discussion about the different versions that arise in the face of each Israeli attack, there is a real fact that is repeated and that is presented as the main problem of this unusual “burrow” war (as some analysts in Israel call it): the use of this “defensive” stratagem by Hamas since the Israeli retaliation operation began for the treacherous and savage terrorist attack of last October 7.

See alsoIsrael killed Islamic Jihad commander during West Bank raid

Regardless of this, there is the suffering of the Gazan people, used as a human “shield” by Hamas. Faced with this reality, the Palestinian Mohammad al-Behairi narrated the details of his family drama, pointing out that his daughter and his grandson were still under the rubble. “It is a feeling of sadness, of depression, we have nothing left in this life to cry about… How should we feel? If you lose your children, if you lose your closest loved ones, how would you feel?” he asked himself.

“We wait our turn to die”

More than half of Gaza’s 2.3 million residents have crowded into Rafah, seeking refuge from the Israeli offensive that has devastated much of the Gaza Strip over the past six months. Meanwhile, Israel is threatening a ground offensive in the area, where Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said fighters from the Hamas militant group must be eliminated to ensure Israel’s victory in the war.

US President Joe Biden has urged Tel Aviv “not to launch a large-scale offensive in Rafah”, to avoid further Palestinian civilian casualties. In this context, Palestinian health authorities affirm that more than 34,000 people have already died in the Israeli assault, which began after the savage attack by the Hamas group, in which they killed 1,400 people and kidnapped at least 253 others (in this case, according to Israeli counts).

The Palestinian Health Ministry also reported that Israeli military strikes had killed 48 Palestinians and injured 79 others across the Gaza Strip in the past twenty-four hours. Furthermore, in the larger of the two Palestinian territories – the Israeli-occupied West Bank – Tel Aviv acknowledged that its soldiers had killed two Palestinians this weekend who tried to shoot and stab them. The Palestinian Health Ministry declared that both had died.

Abu Jehad, a resident of Gaza City and refugee in Rafah with his family, said he feared the Israelis would invade Rafah if a ceasefire was not reached, and that he would have to flee once again. “We are trapped and everyone is waiting their turn to die,” said Abu Jehad, who was contacted by telephone. Unfortunately, for him and thousands of innocent Palestinians, the Hamas survivors dispersed to the south of the coastal enclave, seek “shelter” among the crowds, waiting for some safe passage that will take them away from the areas where the IDF intensifies its operations. actuate.

Hostages issue

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu faces strong international opposition to the plan to carry out a “definitive” and “withering” attack on Rafah. According to the Israeli military forces, not only are “the last organized Hamas brigades” found in this town, but it is also where the Israeli hostages who have yet to be released are believed to be held, numbering 133, although it is assumed that one “significant” number of them have already died.

More deaths from violence in the West Bank

Israeli forces killed fourteen Palestinians in the last few hours during a raid in the occupied West Bank, while an ambulance driver died while going to pick up the wounded from another attack carried out by violent Jewish settlers, Palestinian authorities reported. The IDF began a prolonged raid in the early hours of Friday in the Nur Shams area, near the Palestinian town of Tulkarm, and continued to exchange fire with armed fighters well into Saturday.

Israeli military vehicles were concentrated and bursts of gunfire were heard, while at least three drones were seen flying over Nur Shams, an area where refugees and their descendants from the 1948 war that accompanied the creation of the State of Israel live. The Tulkarm Brigades, which bring together forces from numerous Palestinian factions, said their fighters exchanged fire with Israeli forces on Saturday.

b6c853d121.jpgSee alsoIsrael attacked key areas of Iran and there were simultaneous explosions in Syria and Iraq

The West Bank, a kidney-shaped area about 100 kilometers long and 50 kilometers wide that has been at the center of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict since Israel seized it in the 1967 Middle East war. The Gaza War It has overshadowed continued violence in the territory, which includes regular army raids against militant groups, Jewish settler riots in Palestinian towns and Palestinian street attacks on Israelis.

Since the beginning of the Gaza war, the Israeli Army and Police have detained thousands of Palestinians and killed hundreds of them, most of them members of armed groups, but also young stone-throwers and uninvolved civilians. On Saturday, Palestinian health authorities said at least 14 Palestinians, two of whom were identified by Palestinian sources and officials as a gunman and a 16-year-old boy, were killed during the raid, one of the highest casualty totals in West Bank in months. Another man died on Friday.

According to the Israeli military, several militants were killed or detained during the raid, and at least four soldiers were wounded in exchanges of fire. In another incident, the Palestinian Health Ministry said a 50-year-old ambulance driver was killed by Israeli gunfire near the village of Al-Sawiya, south of the city of Nablus, while on his way to transport people injured during the attack on the town. It was not immediately clear if he was shot by settlers. The Army had no immediate comment.

Thousands of Israelis united in protests against Netanyahu

Thousands of Israeli protesters took to the streets on Saturday to call for new elections and demand more government action to bring home hostages held in Gaza, in the latest round of protests against Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. The protests escalated as the war in Gaza enters its seventh month and amid growing anger over the government’s attitude toward the 133 Israeli hostages still held by the Hamas terrorist group.

Polls indicate that a majority of Israelis blame Netanyahu for the security failures that led to the devastating and savage attack by Hamas on communities in southern Israel on October 7. The prime minister repeatedly ruled out holding early elections, which opinion polls suggest he would lose, saying that going to the polls in the middle of a war would only reward Hamas. Gunmen led by Hamas kidnapped 253 Israelis during the aforementioned massacre. Some hostages – the unofficial number would be 120 – were freed in a truce last November, but efforts to reach another agreement appear to have stalled.

Netanyahu pledged to continue the Israeli campaign in Gaza until “all the hostages return home” and “Hamas has been destroyed.” The recent attack on Israel by waves of Iranian drones and missiles diverted attention from the conflict in Gaza, and for many relatives of the remaining hostages there is a growing sense that time is running out.

 
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
 

-

PREV Plottier promises to regularize waste collection in the coming days
NEXT Argentine surpassed Riachuelo de La Rioja • Diario Democracia