Court maintains a firm order to Corporación Tarapacá to provide information on contributions received from private parties

Court maintains a firm order to Corporación Tarapacá to provide information on contributions received from private parties
Court maintains a firm order to Corporación Tarapacá to provide information on contributions received from private parties

On the same day that the claim would be heard, the Tarapacá Corporation withdrew from the claim of illegality presented to the Transparency Council to report on millionaire contributions.

The Court of Appeals of Iquique did not process the claim of illegality presented by the Tarapacá Corporation against the Council for Transparency (CPLT), – which withdrew said claim -; and held firm the resolution that ordered the Regional Governor to deliver all the information regarding the private contributions received, of US$5,000,000.- (five million dollars), their origin, destination, execution and surrender.

In fact, the Tarapacá Corporation filed a claim of illegality a year ago, through a legal study, against the resolution of the Council for Transparency that ordered the delivery of the indicated information regarding resources.

The Court of Iquique entered the appeal for processing, it was set on the table for May 13 and on the same day said Corporation withdrew from the claim, a request to which the Council for Transparency agreed, a withdrawal that was provided before being seen in room, so the cause was ultimately not seen.

You can review here: withdrawal

LAWYER ENZO MORALES

The request for access to information was based on the statements of the Regional Governor of Tarapacá himself, in May 2023, who told the press that he had received US$5 million (dollars) in donations from companies to GORE Tarapacá, during his term. as stated by lawyer Enzo Morales. He says in the application

(…) that the requirement is based “on the statements made by the president of the board of directors, José Carvajal Gallardo, who told the local press – page 3 of the Wednesday, May 10, 2023 edition of the Diario La Estrella de Iquique – after of the session of the Tarapacá Regional Council that approved $4,000 million for the 2024 budget, that “there are no harassments or lawsuits and we have private investment for 5 million dollars, which we did not have in this institution.”

Initially, the Tarapacá Corporation responded:

On June 7, 2023, the Corporation responded to said request indicating that the Transparency Law did not require it to disclose the requested information and, in addition, there was an obligation of confidentiality regarding the origin of the information. private contributions.

Lawyer Morales stated that within hours of the claim of illegality being reviewed, “lawyer Jenny Elisabeth Pérez presented a withdrawal, without any justification and in contradiction to what was previously indicated by the GORE,” explaining that the governor “delayed the delivery of requested information about the destination of the million-dollar contributions, he hired lawyers with public funds and, faced with the obvious rejection of justice, he withdrew the claim.

What corresponds “is to explain how the money incorporated into the regional budget was used and how it benefited the inhabitants of the Tarapacá region.”

At the same time, he asks, “what sense does it make to file a claim to oppose compliance with the transparency law if the claim is later going to be withdrawn?” and emphasizes that “the repeated, uniform and majority jurisprudence of the Supreme Court is pro-transparency.

 
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
 

-

PREV Huila ‘goes crazy’ against Real Cartagena
NEXT Julius Caesar and Cicero, advisors