The family of Jay Slater have vowed to continue their “desperate” search for the missing British teenager in Tenerife and appealed for more help from police as they expressed “frustration” at being told to “sit down”.

The family of Jay Slater have vowed to continue their “desperate” search for the missing British teenager in Tenerife and appealed for more help from police as they expressed “frustration” at being told to “sit down”.
The family of Jay Slater have vowed to continue their “desperate” search for the missing British teenager in Tenerife and appealed for more help from police as they expressed “frustration” at being told to “sit down”.

Jay Slater’s family have vowed to continue their “desperate” search for the missing British teenager in Tenerife and have appealed for more help from police.

The 19-year-old bricklayer’s apprentice has not been seen since he moved into a remote Airbnb in Mascara, an hour from the tourist resort of Playa de las Americas, with two men in Teno Rural Park on June 17.

Relatives have “expressed” their frustration after police told them to “wait” after the official search was called off on June 30.

Slater’s uncle, Glenn Duncan, 41, said the family felt abandoned as they continued their own ad hoc search with a small team of volunteers.

Speaking to Sky News, Mr Duncan said: “So far we have been in contact with the British consulate here who have said there is still an active investigation, we just have to wait.”

“This really adds to the frustration.”

Jay (pictured with his mother Debbie Duncan) travelled to the Canary Islands for a music festival with his friend Lucy and another friend.

The father of missing raver Jay Slater (right) has called on Interpol to get involved in the search for his son, who has been missing for three weeks on the Spanish island of Tenerife.

Mr Slater’s family is continuing its own ad hoc search with small groups of volunteers.

Asked if the family wanted help from British forces, he added: “We would love to, it’s not that easy.”

Duncan said the family had not given up hope and was still looking for Slater because “otherwise you would be sitting in the apartment staring at the same four walls.”

Police and mountain rescue teams used dogs, drones and a helicopter for 13 days to find Slater before calling off the search on June 30.

After suspending its own operations, the Civil Guard said the family could bring in its own search and rescue team to look for the missing teenager.

The investigation is still ongoing, police said, but they did not reveal their current lines of inquiry.

Debbie Duncan, Mr Slater’s mother, provided an update on the search on a GoFundMe page set up to help find her son, which has now received more than £52,000 in donations.

Thanking local volunteers, she said: “We are overwhelmed by the generosity and support we have received and would like to thank the local hiking group for all their help in planning the route to find our Jay.”

Slater’s father Warren, 54, spent more than six hours searching a cliff in 25C temperatures yesterday with the missing teenager’s brother Zak, 24, as they continued their desperate search.

Last week, MailOnline identified one of those who drove Jay back to the Airbnb as Ayub Qasim, a 31-year-old drug dealer, but insisted the young man “arrived alive and is alive”.

Warren and Jack are focusing their search on an area of ​​the valley where Joy’s phone last rang and from where she relayed her location to her friend Lucy May Law, 19.

Warren, pictured during the search, said: “This is the fourth time I’ve done this. It was difficult, I almost closed my eyes. Tell me where I look, I can only be seen last.”

Jay, from Oswaldtwistle in Lancashire, travelled to the Canary Islands with his friend Lucy and another friend for a music festival.

Police and mountain rescue teams spent 13 days searching for him using dogs, drones and a helicopter before calling off the search on June 30 and dismissing the men as “irrelevant.”

Missing Jay posted a final photo on Snapchat at 7.30am from the home of “two English lads”, an hour before calling her friend Lucy.

He said he last heard from her at 8:50 a.m. on June 17 and she said “her phone was down to one percent, she was lost and thirsty before the line was connected.”

Warren said: ‘I got 80% of that valley, so we went further.

“We drove and walked down the road to the next town, there is a lookout point at the top of the hill looking down, you can follow the road but we didn’t, we parked and walked down.”

Police say Jay took the wrong turn uphill from the village of Maska at 8.15am, after being told there was no bus to his Paloma Beach hotel in Los Cristianos until 10am.

They believe he left the trail and took a remote path to a secluded valley, mistakenly believing it was a shortcut.

But a skeptic, Warren said: “That doesn’t mean he’s hiding, but why would he hide?” Or is it just…?

‘We made the valley where his ping was, we went along the path to a viewpoint, there were mountains and there was a valley and a town.

‘What I think is common sense, try to follow it. At the place where we are today there is a hiking trail with suitable rocks as you can see.

We are going down and you will reach the town.

Jay’s father, Warren, and brother, Jack, were photographed Wednesday hiking the mountain trail where Jay’s phone ended up.

A map showing Jay Slater’s last known movements before his disappearance.

The £40-a-night Casa Abuela Tina holiday rental near the remote village of Mascara is where Jay spent her final hours before she disappeared.

Warren described how halfway along they searched for an abandoned stone hut containing water bottles, empty tea bag boxes and women’s clothing.

He said, ‘I want to go to the building you see. The ideal place to take shelter is not the little cave, find some shade, you’re hanging, put your head down there.

The police are sure that this is where they last warned him. From airbnb, he is a fit guy, in 25 minutes you can climb to the top, where the cafe is.

‘If you follow the road and you’re where we were today, it took you an hour and a half.

Dozens of cars would pass in front of it. We arrived at 9 in the morning and the bus passed us at 10 in the morning. And it will pass it.

‘I’ve been here for three weeks and I’ve never seen so many cars.

“Yesterday we had two fruitless searches in an abandoned building.”

Spanish police said the investigation remained “open” and they were “pursuing all avenues” but declined to say whether they believed third-party criminals were involved.

 
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
 

-

PREV US tariffs: What will happen if Trump wins? What if Biden wins?
NEXT Three consecutive fires are being investigated in Borox (Toledo). 200 hectares have already burned