University unions began three days of protest to make visible their demand for salary and budget increases

University unions began three days of protest to make visible their demand for salary and budget increases
University unions began three days of protest to make visible their demand for salary and budget increases

Regarding the closing of a first quarter marked by the demand for budget increases, the Trade Union Front of National Universities announced 72 hours of “visibility of the university conflict” throughout the country, from Tuesday, June 25 to Thursday, June 27. The claim remains while the opposition seeks to sanction in the National Congress a project to increase the amounts of higher education institutions and update them for inflation.

Two months after the Federal University March on April 23, the Trade Union Front denounces that the conflict over the budget is still open due to the lack of responses from the national government to the loss of salaries of teachers and non-teachers. lTrade organizations assure that 60% of workers in higher education institutions are “below the poverty line.”

“Without decent salaries the university does not function,” states the call, which this Tuesday at noon was expressed through a rally in front of the Sarmiento Palace, headquarters of the National Secretariat of Education.

The leaders of the Trade Union Front delivered a petition there to the authorities demanding “free joint ventures” in the face of a salary drop of more than 40%, the document highlights. The measures planned for these three days include public classes, assemblies and flyers in all national universitiesthe unions reported.

The statement from the Trade Union Front of National Universities.

The main demand is the reopening of joint ventures and a salary increase. “The university situation cannot be resolved only by increasing operating expenses (10% of the total budget) because there is a lack of recovery of the salaries of teachers and non-teachers and scholarships that allow students to stay at the university and graduate,” they noted through of a statement.

At the end of May, the national government reached an agreement with the national universities regarding the inflation update of operating expenses, which represent 10% of the university budget. However, There was no agreement in the joint meeting, where the Ministry of Human Capital negotiates with the unions the percentage of updating the salaries of teachers and non-teacherswhich represent the remaining 90% of the budget.

The national government offered the Trade Union Front a 4% update for June, which is in addition to the 16% granted in February, 12% in March, 8% in April and 9% in May. The joint committee has been meeting every month, but without agreement, and for this reason the recomposition of teaching salaries was one of the central demands of the Federal University March on April 23.

During the current government administration teachers and non-teachers accumulate a salary update of 67.8%, according to data from Conadu. Meanwhile, accumulated inflation since December exceeds 127%.

The conflict over the budget affects the 61 national universities distributed in the 24 jurisdictions of the country. The drop in wages has a direct impact on the 220,660 people who work in the study houses. Of this figure, 147,821 (66.9%) are teachers, while 56,424 (25.6%) are non-teachers. The rest is completed by authorities and pre-university personnel, according to the latest official figures from the University Information Synthesis.

The Union Front of National Universities is made up of the National Federation of University Teachers (Conadu), Historical Conadu, Federation of University Teachers (Fedun), UTN Teachers’ Union Association (Fagdut), Union of Argentine Teachers (UDA), Ctera and Argentine Federation of Workers of National Universities (Fatun).

 
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
 

-

NEXT Mexican Football Federation will wait for Jimmy Lozano’s final report to decide on his future