This is how the work to remove material goes

This is how the work to remove material goes
This is how the work to remove material goes

2The road closure of the corridor that connects the departments of Quindío and Tolima is complete for 4 hours due to the fall of rocky material in the area. According to traffic authorities, the collapse occurred on the Alto de La Línea road, in the Calarcá – Cajamarca corridor, Ibagué, near the Tigrillo Lanudo tunnel.

He The incident occurred as a result of the heavy rains that have occurred in recent days.s, which caused a long line of vehicles to be recorded since the moment of the emergency.

On the evening of July 6, the National Institute of Roads or Invias, reported that the opening of the La Línea highway will require more hours of work and they are still working on removing dirt and stones caused by the landslide.

Landslide on Alto de la Línea July 6

Photo:Invias

“To evacuate the blocked vehicles, a counterflow has been decided, with the accompaniment of the Traffic and Transport Police, who will monitor the mobility in the affected area. Once these vehicles have been evacuated, The road will be closed again to continue with the mud removal work that will allow it to be reopened in a safe manner for users.“, the entity reported.

Likewise, the entity reported that 40% progress has been made on the removal work necessary to ensure safety and transitability of this road, with the remaining 60% pending.

Landslide on Alto de la Línea July 6

Photo:Invias

Likewise, the National Road Institute reports that at this time the evacuation of material is being attended to at kilometer 34, in the Tucanes Tunnel sector, of the same road, where the overflow of the Patio Bonito stream has complicated the work.

The Ibagué – Calarcá highway corridor has been closed for 24 hours due to the landslides that have been recorded. In addition, Invias mentions that the slopes have become unstable due to the intense rains that have been recorded in the area.

The Traffic and Transport Police has informed that travelers wishing to head towards the center of the country in the next few hours can do so by the alternate route: Armenia – Pereira – Manizales – Fresno – Mariquita – Armero – Ibague.

Likewise, Invias recommends that all users stay informed about the status of the roads through the entity’s official channels, such as the toll-free number #767, the WhatsApp channel +57 322 9667597 for text messages, social networks and on the website www.invias.gov.co

ALEJANDRA HERNANDEZ TORRES

DIGITAL REACH EDITORIAL

TIME

More news in EL TIEMPO

 
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
 

-

PREV Euro today in Argentina: how much is the currency worth today, Friday, July 5
NEXT Laura Sarabia’s bodyguard injured in attempted robbery | Colombia TODAY