This will be the grand final of Colombian soccer, according to a successful ‘big data’ signature

This will be the grand final of Colombian soccer, according to a successful ‘big data’ signature
This will be the grand final of Colombian soccer, according to a successful ‘big data’ signature

Next Sunday, June 2, the sixth and last date of the Colombian League home runs will be played. Three teams from group A and two from group B have a chance of reaching the final. The portal Matics Football established the teams that have the best chance of competing for the first star of the year based on the data.

After the fifth date of the home runs, the places for the grand final will be played by Pereira, Junior and Bucaramanga for group A, and Santa Fe and Tolima for group B. Millonarios (group A), Once Caldas and La Equidad were eliminated .

This Monday Dimayor announced the schedule for the closing day, in which the following games will be played: Bucaramanga vs. Pereira and Millionaires vs. Junior, for group A. The two meetings will take place on Sunday, June 2, simultaneously, starting at 5:00 p.m.

In group B, Tolima vs Santa Fe will face each other the same Sunday, at 7:30 pm To meet the schedule, the game La Equidad vs. Once Caldas will take place on Friday, May 31, at 5:00 pm

Accounts in group A

Deportivo Pereira needs to win by the same score as Junior or by, at least, one more goal. He also qualifies with a win against Bucaramanga if Junior does not triumph in Bogotá. Go to the final with a tie if Junior draws or loses to Millonarios.

Alejandro Piedrahíta, from Pereira, disputes a ball with Junior players.

Photo:Corpereira

Junior advances to the final, beating Millonarios by at least one more goal than Pereira beat Bucaramanga. Or winning and Pereira not doing it. It also happens with a tie if Pereira loses.

Atlético Bucaramanga, for its part, has to win and Junior loses. They would tie on points and it would happen due to a sporting advantage (invisible point).

Santa Fe and Tolima, all or nothing

Deportes Tolima only needs to win, they have no other option. The ‘pijao’ team is in second position with 10 points, three behind Santa Fe, but with the sporting advantage in case of equaling points for finishing better placed (second) in the round-robin of the League.

Santa Fe defeated Equidad 2 – 0 on date 5.

Photo:Photo. MAURICIO MORENO CEET EL TIEMPO @mauriciomorenofoto

In theory, Santa Fe doesn’t have it that complicated. With a win or a draw, passage to the final is assured; a defeat leaves him out.

What does the data say?

According to Matics Football, Pereira has a 47.9% chance of qualifying for the final in group Afollowed by Junior with 36.8% and the one with the fewest options is Bucaramanga, with 15.3%.

In these calculations, the specialized firm takes into account the following factors:

​- Recent performances both as a local and visitor.
– Calendar of pending matches with emphasis on home field.
– Invisible point

– Probable goal difference

Junior from Barranquilla.

Photo:Jairo Cassiani. Kronos Agency

In group B, according to the ‘big data’ firm, Santa Fe has a 60.48% chance of reaching the final. Tolima 39.52%.

It is worth remembering that Matics Footballa company created in 2020, managed to reach the final of the League a year ago between Millionaires and NationalAlthough he was wrong in the analysis of who would be the winner, he predicted that the champion would be the Antioquia team, with 51.8% against 48.2% for the Bogota team.

Fernando Umaña Mejía
LATEST NEWS EDITORIAL

More news

 
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
 

-

PREV He went from Estudiantes to Gimnasia La Plata, but RETIRED from football at the age of 25 and discovered a NEW VOCATION
NEXT Sánchez led the Marlins’ offensive attack against the Rangers