Unattended cooking sparks apartment fire in Baton Rouge

BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) – An apartment fire in Baton Rouge has been ruled as an accident due to unattended cooking.

It happened in the 3600 block of Gladiola Street near Stanford Avenue just after 7 am

A spokesperson with the Baton Rouge Fire Department confirmed firefighters arrived on the scene to find heavy smoke coming from the building and fire in one of the upstairs apartments.

They entered through the window and were able to help the person get out of the unharmed building.

Damage was contained to the upstairs apartment but others received smoke and water damage.

Investigators interviewed the occupant, who said they forgot that they were cooking.

The Red Cross was contacted to help the displaced residents.

Crews with the Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to an apartment fire on Tuesday morning.(WAFB)
Crews with the Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to an apartment fire on Tuesday morning.(WAFB)
Crews with the Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to an apartment fire on Tuesday morning.
Crews with the Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to an apartment fire on Tuesday morning.(WAFB)

Click here to report a typo.

Copyright 2024 WAFB. All rights reserved.

 
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
 

-

PREV Matthews Subaru donates more than $32,000 to local charities through ‘Share the Love’ initiative
NEXT ⁠⁠Pallaqueras: the little-known female activity where people work manually selecting rocks with precious metals