$500,000 reward announced for information in relation to the murder of Elizabeth Henry

Detectives from the Homicide Investigation Unit are hoping a Queensland Government reward increase to $500,000 will bring in new information to assist in providing answers into the disappearance and murder of Elizabeth Henry in Brisbane in 1998.

Elizabeth Henry, also known as Liz, was last seen alive in Fortitude Valley on the evening of February 11, 1998. She was discovered murdered the following day in Samford.

At the time of her death, Liz was a 30-year-old mother of six children and was pregnant with her seventh child.

Liz grew up in Nudgee in a large family home and was married previously before leaving Brisbane in 1996 and traveling to Townsville, Cairns, Darwin and Port Headland and Perth.

She returned to Brisbane mid-1997 and worked within the adult entertainment industry.

She frequented New Farm and Fortitude Valley areas, including outside the Lantern Café on Brunswick Street as well as three dilapidated houses on Brunswick Street known as the ‘Three Sisters’ where she would occasionally stay with friends who lived in these houses.

An investigation into Liz’s movements on Wednesday February 11, 1998, revealed Liz was working on the intersection of Brunswick Street and Terrace Street in New Farm and was last seen around 11.45pm wearing a dark denim mini skirt, shirt and carrying a small black handbag.

Shortly after 5am on Thursday February 12, 1998, her body was located by a female jogger in a cleared gravel reserve off Bygotts Road, Samford. Her clothing and her handbag were never located.

A post-mortem examination revealed she had been violently assaulted with a blunt, heavy object, suffering major head injuries.

Investigations at the time indicated that Liz was killed at another location and moved to the gravel reserve, where attempts had been made to burn her body.

More than 300 inquiries have been conducted and 100 statements obtained in relation to the homicide investigation.

Acting Detective Senior Sergeant Anthony Johns from the Cold Case Investigation Team said police hoped the upgraded reward would encourage fresh information and leads.

“Despite extensive investigations at the time and since, the person or persons who violently attacked and killed Liz remain unknown,” Detective Acting Senior Sergeant Johns said.

“Liz’s children grew up without their mother and her parents have passed away without knowing what happened to her.

“There are people out there with information. Relationships and loyalties change, and I would encourage anyone with information, big or small, to contact police.

An initial reward of $250,000 was in place, however the reward amount has been increased to $500,000 from today.

The $500,000 Queensland Government Reward is for information which leads to the apprehension and conviction of the person or persons responsible for this murder. The Government reward further offers an opportunity for indemnity against prosecution for any accomplice, not being the person who actually committed the murder, who first gives such information.

Photo of Elizabeth Henry and infant child
Photo of Elizabeth Henry with two children with grass and ocean in the background
 
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
 

-

PREV Free Fire will have its own Anime
NEXT an explosion of colors and styles for all women