She dyed her hair for the first time, suffered third-degree burns and shared shocking photos

The 14-year-old girl had to undergo surgery after the burns she suffered.

Hoy 19:25

Coco Brown, a 14-year-old girl, had gone to the hair salon for the first time to get the highlights she had been asking her mother, Sammi, for years. The woman agreed and brought her as a birthday present. Unfortunately, what she had longed for for years ended up causing third-degree burns on her scalp, and she even needed to undergo skin grafts due to the damage.

“She’s a ‘Swifty’ and as she turns 15 later this month, she was desperate to match her idol, Taylor Swift,” Sammi told The Sun.

Everything seemed to be going well, Coco and Sammie arrived at the salon, told the professionals what she wanted and sat anxiously in the chair. While the bleach was taking effect, she began to feel itchy, but she didn’t pay attention to it.

Within minutes, her head began to smoke. The hairdresser then took out the product and began to wash her head, and noticed that her hair began to fall out in clumps. Her scalp was red hot.

At the time, the girl and her mother thought it was just an allergic reaction, but 5 days later, they went to their family doctor to see him about the discomfort she was still experiencing. It was only then that they found out how serious the condition had been.

Coco had suffered a third-degree burn on her scalp. It was so severe that she had to undergo emergency surgery, where she had to undergo a skin graft. This, in turn, will have to be supplemented by a long course of treatment.

This made Sammi feel very guilty, as she was the one who agreed to let the girl dye her hair. But, some time later, she decided to tell Coco’s story to warn anyone who wants to change their look to take precautions in this regard and, above all, to ask for a highlight test at the hair salon they go to.

“As doctors were cleaning the burn, the skin on her scalp literally peeled off her head, revealing a burn the size of an orange – it was horrific,” she said.

She added: “I was very frustrated because all of this could have been avoided if Coco had done a strand test. It is very important and for some reason the hairdresser never did it, I don’t know why.”

Source: TN

 
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
 

-

PREV Argentina increases its defense budget for 2024 and seeks to acquire helicopters for the Navy
NEXT The official that Karina Milei and Caputo sent already has an office on the same floor as Mondino