The novel of the possible signing of Luis Díaz to Barcelona writes another chapter this week, when it is confirmed that Liverpool is not contemplating a deal for the Colombian, unless there is a good formula involved.
He Liverpool Echo had already shed light on the position of the networks and that version was reinforced through Football Insiderwho claims to have obtained a direct response from sources within the club.
According to the aforementioned media, the Barça board did not offer Frenkie de Jong, as Christian Martin said in DSports, but they tried to convince Liverpool with a change of cards in attack.
“Liverpool have no plans to approve a swap deal that would see Luis Diaz join Barcelona and Raphinha head the other way, sources told Football Insider”indicates the article published this Monday, November 20, hours before the second match of the Colombian National Team on this double date visiting Paraguay.
According to the version written by journalist Peter O’Rourke, specialist in the transfer market, Liverpool is closed and does not contemplate “accepting offers” for the Colombian forward who has a contract until 2027.
The possibility of signing for Barcelona has gained more strength since Luis Manuel Díaz, Guajiro’s father, confessed that his son is a faithful follower of the culé team and one of the goals he set since he was young was to play at Camp Nou, where stars passed by. of world football such as Johan Cruyff, Diego Maradona, Ronaldinho and Lionel Messi, among others.
However, Liverpool considers that the change for Raphinha is not beneficial and that is why it has responded negatively to that possibility, through the sources consulted by Football Insider. “There is believed to be nothing in the reports linking Liverpool with a potential swap deal involving former Leeds star Raphinha,” insists O’Rourke.
The renowned English media adds that the networks They plan to support Luis Díaz as a key piece for the future, knowing that the shadow of Saudi Arabia has been tempting Mohamed Salah and it has not been ruled out that he already has a verbal agreement to disembark in the Middle East at the end of this season.
Jürgen Klopp and his coaching staff refuse to lose their top figure, but they have already shown that they have the financial muscle to replace any of the departures with top-notch players.
In fact, in the last two campaigns, Liverpool has spent more than 200 million to sign players for the attack such as Cody Gakpo, Darwin Núñez, Diogo Jota and Lucho himself, who has been given the confidence to be the starter on the wing. left.
The advantage of the English is that they have long had a more powerful market than Spain and, added to Barcelona’s financial problems, they make it difficult for Díaz to consider a change at this point in his career.