Israeli Army recovers bodies of three hostages in Gaza – DW – 05/24/2024

Israeli Army recovers bodies of three hostages in Gaza – DW – 05/24/2024
Israeli Army recovers bodies of three hostages in Gaza – DW – 05/24/2024

Israel announced this Friday (05/24/2024) that it recovered the bodies of three hostages who were in the Gaza Strip since the attack by the Palestinian terrorist group Hamas on Israeli soil on October 7.

The bodies of the French-Mexican Orión Hernández Radoux, the Brazilian-Israeli Michel Nisenbaum and the Israeli Hanan Yablonka were recovered in Jabaliya, in the north of the enclave, the army, which carried out a joint operation with the Israeli services, said in a statement. Intelligence.

Both Yablonka, 42, and Hernández Radoux, 32, were at the Nova music festival, held outdoors a few kilometers from the Palestinian enclave, during the attack.

Nisenbaum, a 59-year-old resident of the Israeli city of Sderot, near Gaza, was last contacted on October 7 when he was heading to a military base on the border to pick up his granddaughter.

“Together with the Israeli people, my wife Sara and I, we bow our heads in deep sorrow and embrace the grieving families in these difficult times,” said Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who is under increasing domestic pressure to secure the release of the hostages who remain captive in Gaza.

For his part, French President Emmanuel Macron expressed this Friday in a message on the social network X his “immense sadness” over the death of Hernández Radoux. “France remains more committed than ever to the release of all the hostages,” he added.

So far, of the 252 people who were kidnapped, some of whom were already dead when they were brought to the Palestinian territory, 121 are still being held by Hamas and its allies, according to the latest figures from Israeli authorities, and 112 were released alive.

rr (afp/ap/reuters)

 
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
 

-

PREV The 10 dazzling and least visited paradises in the world
NEXT Kim Jong-un’s regime launched balloons with garbage into South Korea again and tension grows